Sunday, November 15, 2009

Meridian by Amber Kizer



Life. Death. and in between.
    My name is Meridian Sozu. I am a Fenestra. I have always shared my world with the dead and the dying. But I really didn't understand what that meant until I turned sixteen and glimpsed my own mortality. .
    Sixteen-year-old Meridian has always been surrounded by death. As a child, insects, mice, and salamanders burrowed into her bedclothes to die. As she grew, the animals got bigger, and soon they were finding her at school to die in her presence. Meridian became an outcast, labeled by her classmates as Reaper, Gravedigger, and Witch. Each death she witnesses weakens her body, and loneliness weakens her spirit.
    On her sixteenth birthday, she witnesses a deadly car crash. Though she’s untouched, Meridian's body explodes with the victims’ pain.
     Before she can fully recover, Meridian is told that she's a danger to her family and rushed to her great-aunt's house in Revelation, Colorado. It's there that she learns the secret her mother has been hiding her entire life: that she is a Fenestra, the half-angel, half-human link between the living and the dead. It's crucial that she learn how to transition human souls to the afterlife and preserve the balance between good and evil on earth. But Meridian and her sworn protector and love, Tens, face great danger from the Aternocti, a band of dark forces who capture vulnerable souls on the brink of death and cause chaos. Dark, lovely, and lushly romantic, MERIDIAN introduces a powerful heroine who will entrance readers.

I loved this book! I was hooked on it from the very beginning! I wanted to know like what the heck was going on with Meridian. And who the heck her Aunt was and why she had to go there? It was strange at first like with all the church people but it got interesting. My favorite like thing throughout the whole book was like all the quilts that her aunt had made for everyone that has passed through her. There is tension between Meridian and Tens at first but then they start to warm up to each other. They both try to do things to test and see what the other thinks. Like Meridian cutting her hair to see what Tens says. And once he sees her hair its pretty funny! I think the book is written really well! It kept me intrigued throughout the whole book! There are little details from the beginning that lead you to the ending! Very good book and you should read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment